The Big Game is almost upon us. Whether you’re cheering on Philadelphia or New England, we’ve got plenty of tips to help you throw the best football viewing party of the year. Wondering what you’ll need to prepare? Here’s a quick checklist.
- Beer, wine, and spirits – scientifically proven to make football better
- A keg – for the viewing party with more than 15-20 guests
- The perfect snacks for pairing with beer – nachos, wings, and chili, oh my!
- Cocktails – the Big Game calls for the perfect cocktail, like this Spike D Lemonade or Sweet Tea Touchdown
- Boozy Tailgating Food Recipes – alcohol makes tasty foods even tastier
Speaking of boozy food recipes, our friends over at [ yellow tail ] have a great way for you to start your Big Game planning with this delicious recipe for baked chicken wings in a savory merlot sauce.
Baked Chicken Wings in a Savory Merlot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons [ yellow tail ] Merlot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken wings
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the [ yellow tail ] Merlot, soy sauce, garlic, honey, and ground ginger. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly. Allow dish to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a large shallow baking dish with nonstick spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer. Brush remaining marinade evenly over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven and reduce the heat to 300°F. Baste the chicken with any accumulated juices, return to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!