Beer, bloody maria recipe, Cocktail, Food, football, hard seltzer, Recipe, Tailgating, white claw
Football season is finally HERE! We have all the spirits to boost your team spirit. Game plan: draft us in your tailgate supply starting lineup, and read on for the ultimate side dish recipe
MVPs – Most Valuable Products
There’s no better pairing than that of football and beer. Make sure you pack your coolers and fill them with your favorite classic drafts to get you through game day.
Whether you’re tailgating with friends at the stadium, or from the comfort of your own home, if your crowd is large enough – you might want to grab a keg! Take a look at our Guide to Kegs to learn everything you’ll need to grab the right keg of beer for football season.
Meet the New Tailgating Choice in 2019: Hard Seltzers
Hard seltzers weren’t just all the rage for summer. We’re predicting they’re going to be popular all year long – and that includes tailgating season! But many people are still asking “Why are they becoming so popular?”
Well, most hard seltzer options are actually a healthy alternative to other beverages! Many products in this category actually have lower calories and carbs than other drink options. And have you been scared by the news saying there were shortages on your favorite hard seltzer brand? Don’t worry! Our teams are constantly restocking your favorite flavors of White Claws at Total Wine & More!
A New Spin on the Classic Football Recipe: The Bloody Maria
Get up: It’s Game day! Most people would say a Bloody Mary is the perfect tailgating choice. Well, we have a second option to consider. A tangy and refreshing Bloody Maria is sure to awaken your senses. Watch this quick clip and learn how to mix it!
- 4 oz. Bloody Mary mix
- 1 oz. Blanco tequila
- 3 oz. Mexican beer
- 1⁄2 oz. lime juice
- Bloody Mary Rimmer
- Your favorite Bloody Mary garnishes
- e.g., olives, pickled vegetables, jalapeños, etc
- Hot sauce (optional) .
- Spread Bloody Mary Rimmer on a small plate.
- Wet rim of glass with a lime wedge or water, then dip rim of mug into rimmer.
- Fill glass with ice and pour in Bloody Mary mix and lime juice.
- Add tequila and Mexican beer.
- Add hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Stir well, then garnish with your favorite Bloody Mary toppings.
Easy and Tasty Tailgating Foods
I don’t know a single person who wouldn’t go crazy over this beer dip but don’t worry we’ve left you the delicious recipe.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer and dressing mix until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese. Serve with pretzels and enjoy!
Prefer Salsa over cheese dip? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered with this amazing Spicy Tequila Spiked Salsa.
- 4 serrano chilies (chopped with stems and seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tequila herradura
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix tomatoes, onions, chilies, garlic, cilantro, and oil until all items are coated in the oil.
- Mix in lime, water, and tequila.
- Leave as is for a chunky style of salsa or puree in a blender or food processor for a smooth, paste style.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Looking for even MORE inspiration for tailgating this season? Head to our Tailgating HQ page on our website to find even more ideas, and to get stocked up and ready for game day!