Tacos. They make us happy. It’s a proven fact!
Plus, if you’re hosting Cinco de Mayo at your home, tacos happen to pair perfectly with tequila for the ultimate fiesta nibbles to have on hand this year. So make your celebration a hit with your guests by whipping up this yummy Coconut Tequila Lime Fish Taco recipe thanks to Altos Tequila and Grilled Cheese Social!
• Tomatillos – 2
• Garlic – 1/2 clove
• jalapeno pepper (remove seeds if you don’t want it too spicy) -1/2
• Cilantro – 1 bunch, divided
• Avocados – 2
• juice of 2 limes, divided
• salt to taste
• purple cabbage, roughly chopped – 1/2 head
• raw sugar – 1/2 tbsp
• corn tortillas
• cooked fish (from below)
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil and add tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno pepper and
salt. Cook until soft.
2) Strain and reserve a half cup cooking liquid.
3) Add those ingredients to a blender along with the meat from two avocados, the juice of 1 lime and a handful of cilantro.
4) Add cooking liquid until a creamy consistency is reached. Salt to taste.
5) Meanwhile, add chopped purple cabbage to a bowl and toss with lime juice, sugar, and salt.
6) Let sit you cook the fish component of the tacos below.
• garlic powder – 1 tsp
• chili powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin -1/4 tsp
• Salt – 1/4 tsp
• fresh mahi, cut into 2.5″ fillets -1 lb
• Altos Tequila Plata – 1/3 cup
• fresh jalapeno, seeds removed – 1/2
• juice of half a lime
• coconut oil – 1 tbsp
1) Combine garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, lime, jalapeno and Altos Tequila Plata in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
2) Add the mahi and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3) Add coconut oil to a pan and turn the heat to medium-high.
4) When it’s hot, add the fish with the liquid that it is marinated in.
5) Let the fish cook on one side until golden brown and then flip and sauté until the fish is fully cooked through.
That’s it! Once it’s all ready, pour yourself a Tequila Paloma cocktail to pair with the tacos (trust us, it’s a win-win pairing), and enjoy!